Our client is a multinational retail company with over 100 offices worldwide. Our client is looking for a hand-on & flexible senior financial accountant required for a divestiture project.
· Support the Japan finance team with normal accounting operations including performing monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes and corporate reporting in accordance with USGAAP.
· Provide support in completing the taxation and statutory obligations including income tax and VAT returns and tax audits.
· Assist in management & support of key functions including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Treasury and Risk Management.
· Support the coordination of internal controls, internal audit
· Ad-hoc support required to meet the demands of the divestiture process.
· Support management reporting and forecasting activities as required.
· Assist with process improvement initiatives including process documentation.
· Provide support to the Financial Controller on other activities as directed.
· Professional and degree qualification.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting.
· Broad understanding of local and USGAAP accounting theory, practices & procedures.
· Exposure to SAP is preferred but not compulsory.