Job Description Body
Job Description: Accounting Manager
Our client is the global leader in optimized resource management. With over 174 000 employees worldwide, our client designs and provides water, waste and energy management solutions that contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries. This company supplied 100 million people with drinking water and 63 million people with wastewater service, produced 63 million megawatt hours of energy and converted 42.9 million metric tons of waste into new materials and energy.
The financial organization provides the financial shared services for the selected group entities by using SAP. The general ledger (GL) team is responsible for the general accounting, along with the account payable (AP) team and the account receivable (AR) team. Central areas of this position’s responsibilities are the monthly financial closing, the fiscal year closing, accounting audit, and tax filing preparations.
Report to: Japan Accounting Senior Manager
Manage and work with: One or two staffs at the beginning.
- Management of the team ( process management, staff management )
- Lead some Kaizen working groups.
- Financial control work. (monitoring monthly performance together with business control team.)
- Responsible for the settlement of accounts for the monthly financial closing and reporting (non-consolidated basis) for the SSC entities and other group entities
- Responsible for the settlement of accounts for the fiscal year closing and reporting (non-consolidated basis) for the SSC entities and other group entities
- Responsible for monthly group reporting via group consolidation system
- Responsible for the preparation of the statutory audit and the group audit for the group entities
- Responsible for the tax filing under the consolidated taxation system
- AP and AR hands-on management for closing point of view.