Provide HR business partner, HR advisory and HR administrative support the company so that talent, culture and organization are strengthened as enablers of the business strategy; ensure that all local Japan regulatory requirements covering the HR function are fully complied with; contribute as an active and engaged member of the regional APAC HR team, contributing to regional initiatives that benefit Japan and other markets.
- Partner with the GM Japan, and the Japan Management Team, to develop and implement plans to build talent, drive culture change and promote employee engagement, aligned with the Japan business strategy and priorities.
- Support the GM Japan and the HR Director, APAC, to implement organizational changes and improve organizational effectiveness in Japan.
- Provide recruitment support to hiring managers in Japan, including briefing and liaison with recruitment providers, posting advertisements, screening candidates, conducting reference checks, advising on compensation and benefits and co-ordinating on-boarding activities.
- Partner with regional and global HR, and local external consultants, to ensure that the compensation and benefits framework for Japan allows us to attract and retain top quality talent.
- Support the general (non-sales) training and development needs of the Japan organization, through applying the company’s talent and individual development planning processes, and managing the relationship with external training vendors in Japan.
- Manage employee relations cases and maintain HR policies to comply with local laws and regulations, global policies, and to promote desired culture for the business in Japan.
Qualifications / Education / Experience / Skills Required
- Degree level qualification in Human Resources or related discipline
- 5 years HR advisory experience in a multi-national company
- Healthcare career experience highly regarded, but not essential
- Detailed knowledge of Japanese labor law, regulations and practices
- Knowledge of Japanese Health & Safety law and regulations
- Solid understanding of payroll processes and vendor management
- Strong knowledge of Japan talent acquisition practices, particularly online talent sourcing techniques
- Competency in Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
- Japanese (native) and English (fluent) language ability (TOEIC 750)