Our client is a French holding multinational corporation and conglomerate specialising in luxury goods. They are currently hiring a Business and Planning Controller for one of their prestige brands.
Analyse & provide feedback on business performance with analytical information about projects, actual data and variances versus budgets and forecasts. Act as business partner towards business counterparts, understanding business reality, challenges, threats, opportunities and needs to support in the decision making process and ensure adequate budgeting and control over expenses.
- 6-10 years in foreign company as financial planning & Analysis/ General Accounting or in auditing in one of the Big 4 or big consulting firms.
- Experience in a multinational organization is required. Overseas work experience is a plus.
- Experience in a complex environment (multiple legal entities / multiple brands) preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multi-tasking and control deadlines.
- Analytical and planning skills
- Team builder and people management skills
- Presentation skills in both Japanese and English
- Reliable and responsible
- International exposure, flexible and independent
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process of the company, according to the established targets and deadlines; give strategic advice on the cost saving and margin improvement.
- Ensure analysis of detailed Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet not only after monthly closing but also during the month, reporting and explaining any discrepancy or difference Vs budget or/and forecasts.
- Be responsible of corporate and local reporting of the company and the coordination of the reporting for all areas, according to deadlines; develop appropriate ad-hoc reporting satisfying specific information needs
- Identify possible issue/enhancement areas related to legal, security, general administration, insurances and discuss them with the manager of reference.
- Support the periodic managerial/statutory closings of the company or coordinate the closings for all areas.
- Support Inventory Analysts in stock management, KPIs monitoring and for specific physical checks.
- Ensure the delivery of daily sales reports.
- Develop business follow up and enhance performance analysis in some different angles ( by channel, by geographic area etc.) including the following topics: Volumes, Prices, Margins, Advertising & Promotion expenses;
- Develop and lead the planning process (budgets, best estimates, revised forecasts, landing) : Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory & Purchase as well as A&P expenses
- Assist in setting Internal Control processes within sphere of responsibility.